If you’re clueless about makeup, it can be a minefield buying gifts for the makeup addict in your life. I know, because I used to temp on make up counters at Christmas and lost count of how many times someone would ask me for “a bottle of Chanel.” Chanel what?? I would scream in my head. No 5? Coco Mademoiselle? Moisturiser?
So here I am to help. Whether you’re looking for a secret Santa gift for that girl at work or something truly special for your beloved to open on Christmas day, here is your Ultimate Christmas Gift Guide 2016.
Make Up Gift Sets
- It’s impossible not to covet Urban Decay’s Full Spectrum Eyeshadow Palette, which contains 21 highly pigmented eyeshadows in a rainbow of shades. Make up addicts will love experimenting with this palette.
- If you know someone who loves to make sure their brows are on fleek, the Bigger Bolder Brows gift set from Benefit is perfect. It contains everything needed to fill, set and sculpt brows and comes in light, medium and dark shades.
- Good brushes are an expensive piece of kit so MAC’s Christmas brush sets always make good value gifts. This year they have brought out three Nutcracker Sweet Brush Sets, including this basic one. The brushes have pink and black handles and come in a cute nutcraker makeup bag.
- Illamasqua also have some great value gift sets on offer, including the Chisel and Glow gift set for makeup junkies who love to contour. It contains popular products Gel Sculpt and Gleam Cream plus a cruelty free Buffing Brush.
- Who wouldn’t want to find the Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Vault from NYX under the tree on Christmas morning? With 24 best selling colours, lipstick lovers will have enough to last them all year.
Natural Beauty Gifts
- I’ve loved Fresh products for a long time and the Rose Face Mask is one of their cult products. Made with real rose petals, it tones and brightens the skin for a fresher complexion. Perfect for those who prefer foundation free skin.
- Urban Decay’s Naked Ultimate Basics is a great eyeshadow palette for those who prefer to keep their makeup on the natural side. It contains a range of warm and cool tones to suit all complexions and the matte textures are flattering for everyone.
- Mason Pearson hair brushes are a Victorian classic from the days when everything was built to last. They are made mostly by hand to a high standard to ensure they’ll be on the dressing table for years.
- Everything Eyes by Bobbi Brown is a great beauty gift for the glasses wearer in your life. It features step by step instructions for 10 looks and includes tips on selecting frames and wearing makeup with glasses.
- Bare Minerals is a great brand for those with sensitive skin and their Get Started Complexion Kit has everything needed to create a flawless complexion in a smart black clutch.
Vintage Beauty Gifts
- A luxurious gift for a vintage loving girl, Les Merveilleuses Laduree Face Color is a Marie Antoinette inspired pot containing scented powder blush in the form of rose petals.
- These brightening powders from retro beauty brand Besame would make a lovely and unique gift. They’re travel sized so perfect for dressing table or handbag and come in three matte shades that you can use individually or mix to suit your complexion.
- If you know a girl who loves victory rolls, Suavecita pomade would make a perfect thoughtful gift or stocking filler.
- Vintage Hair Styles of The 1940s is a comprehensive step-by-step guide to setting, brushing out and pinning up your hair to get a perfect WWII era style. It is written by Bethany Jane Davies, who I work for at The Vintage Beauty Parlour in Manchester. She gives great directions as well as advice on products and equipment.
- Channel Holly Golightly with this cute collection of Breakfast At Tiffany’s themed nail polishes from OPI. The four wearable colours includes the iconic Tiffany blue as well as shades of red and pink.
Luxury Beauty Gifts
- The new Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is a complete rethink of hairdryer technology. It’s lighter and quieter than a regular hair dryer and dries your hair more quickly whilst keeping it looking shiny and healthy.
- For the vamp in your life, Christian Louboutin have come up with the Rouge Louboutin Lip Colour Collection, a set of three iconic red lipsticks in different finishes contained in wonderfully OTT black and gold packaging on a gunmetal chain.
- Jo Malone’s Limited Edition Orange Bitters Christmas Candle is a sumptuously decorated ceramic candle fragranced with sweet orange, crisp mandarin and rich sandalwood to warm your home on Christmas day.
- The ultimate gift for a make up junkie is a light up make up station. This professional piece of kit is portable, has plenty of storage and perfect lighting for creating make up looks.
- If you know someone like me who always carries five or six lipsticks in their handbag, the Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick Wardrobe would be a perfect luxury gift. There are ten shades to choose from covering all bases from nudes to bright pink and deep red.
Beauty Stocking Fillers
- I bet once you have a Tweexy Nail Polish Holder you wonder how you ever did without one. It sits on your finger and holds the bottle safe while you paint your nails. Genius!
- Your secret Santa can keep puffy eyes at bay after the Christmas party, whilst disguising themselves as a cartoon panda with these Korean cooling eye masks.
- These cute face jewels would go down well with festival goers.
- How cute are these squirrel tweezers from my favourite Manchester gift shop, Oklahoma?
- And finally, for the makeup addict who also loves cats (like me), how about this wonderful black fleece cat make up bag?
Whew! So there you have 25 new gift ideas for the make up addict in your life. Some of them are certainly on my Christmas list so I hope Santa is reading this. Please comment below, I’d love to hear what’s on your wish list this year!